Join Our Team!
The Groovy Garfoose Music Therapy Services is seeking an intuitive and grounded board-certified music therapist to join our team as a part-time or full-time, salaried employee.
The Groovy Garfoose Music Therapy Services is a growing private practice focused on providing intentional and person-centered services to all abilities, all ages and all communities in Lake, Cuyahoga, Summit, Stark and Portage Counties in Northeast Ohio. We serve client families and small groups at our clinic in Stow, Ohio and partner with schools, hospitals, nursing homes, long term care facilities, hospices, adult day facilities, recreation programs and more. Learn more about our team and our services at www.groovygarfoose.com, www.facebook.com/groovygarfoose and www.instagram.com/groovygarfoose.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Music Therapy.
- You are a board certified music therapist (MT-BC) with at least 1 year of experience.
- You have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and are willing to travel for work.
- You are collaborative and person-centered in your approach to supporting client self-actualization.
- Your musical skills with voice, piano, and guitar are solid and diverse, including sight reading and improvisation.
- You lead grounded and goal-driven sessions with energy, enthusiasm and flexibility across diverse populations.
- You exude warmth, intention and compassion in all interactions/communications.
- You are tech savvy with Apple and Google platforms.
- You are a self-starter, organized and receptive to feedback and opportunities for growth.
- You desire to work to LIVE not live to WORK.
Job duties include:
- Planning and facilitating innovative and creative music therapy services for all clients and contracts.
- Completing client-centered documentation and progress reports in a timely manner as assigned or requested by facility, parents or caregivers.
- Thoughtful and consistent communication with client families, contracts, GG supervisors and GG team.
- Maintaining professional and ethical behavior in accordance with the CBMT Scope of Practice and the AMTA Code of Ethics at all times.
- Maintaining board certification in accordance with the Certification Board for Music Therapists.
Position details and benefits:
This is a part-time or full-time, salaried employee position based on the ideal candidates need. This position is M-F approximately 9/10am – 5/6pm and includes a once a month weekend commitment.
- Paid Holidays (full-time)
- Paid time off (full-time)
- Reimbursement for CBMT Dues
- Continuing education stipend
- Team professional development
- Team self care experiences two times per year
- Flexible scheduling of office hours
- Weekly Supervision
- Provision of all instruments, equipment, materials for sessions
- Company iPad and access to office supplies
- HIPPA compliant email
To be considered for this position, applicants should email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 2-3 professional or clinical references
- Writing sample (redacted assessment, progress report, case study, etc)
- A link to a 5-10 minute video introducing yourself, why you are interested in the position, a sample of you playing and singing a favorite song, and a sample demonstration of an experience appropriate for IDD adults.
Additionally, please submit the application questions below. Any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.